Daily Covid-19 cases continue to decline in Telangana

As the daily Covid count continues to see a decline in Telangana, the cumulative tally now stands at 2,72,123 with 631 cases reported on Friday, while 802 people have recovered during the same period, health officials said.

Two more deaths have pushed the state’s toll to 1,467.

The fatality rate stands at 0.53 percent against the national average of 1.5 percent, health officials said.

According to the Director of Public Health and Family Welfare, 44.96 percent of the deaths were due to the Covid-19 while the remaining 55.04 percent were due to comorbidities.

The number of recoveries continues to outnumber the cases in Telangana. The state’s cumulative recoveries now stand at 2,61,830.

The number of active cases dropped further to 8,826 including 6,817 who are under home or institutional isolation.

The recovery rate jumped to 96.21 percent, which is higher than the national average of 94.2 percent.

Greater Hyderabad reported 109 new cases. Medchal Malkajgiri district the second-highest number at 57 followed by Rangareddy (49), Karimnagar (34), Nalgonda (29), and Khammam (24).

The authorities have increased the number of daily tests to 57,405.

The daily testing target for the state is 5,600 per day as per the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day.

Out of 2,72,123 total positive cases so far, 70 percent (1,90,486) were asymptomatic while the remaining 30 percent (81,637) were symptomatic.

The data shows that 63.9 percent of those tested positive so far were aged between 21-50 years. As many as 22.91 percent were aged above 51 years. The positive cases include 13.18 percent who were below 20 years.

Recent Posts

Popular Post