June 21st Solar Eclipse is said to be one of its kind and even scientists say solar eclipse or Surya Grahan is one of the first eclipses during which moon will cover entire son leaving only the outer rim of the Sun visible which the astronomers call it as the ‘ring of fire’.
Solar eclipse/ Suryagrahan of this kind is said to very powerful and has maximum impact according to Hindu rituals. This solar eclipse is even more powerful as more than 5 of the 9 grahas are closing on to the Sun.
So to ward off the evil spirits and negative effects, chant these mantras.
1. Read Narasimha Kavach and Mahamantra during the eclipse time starting from 10AM-1.40PM approximately.
2. Pregnant women shouldn’t do anything except chanting or hearing of Hare Krishna Mahamantra.
3. Do not drink or eat anything during the eclipse and avoid going to the washroom as chances of contracting disease increase.
4. Have a head bath before 10 AM and after 1.40 PM before starting off the daily activities.
5. Any activity during eclipse time will me multiplied by millions and so avoid doing any sins.
Here are few of the mantras
Om Bhur Bhuvah Swah
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
Aum Tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam |
Urvaarukamiva bandhanaan-mrityormuksheeya maamritaat ||
Aum Namah Shivaya
Krum Krushnaayah Namah
Ram Ramaya Namaha
Srhi Ganeshaya Namaha
Dum Durgayah Namaha
Om Suryayah Namaha
Om Hram Hrim Hraum Sah Suryaya Namaha
So Somayah Namaha
Om Ramadutayah Namaha
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
It is always advisable to chant them for 108 times.